Inclusion in ESG indices (As of December, 2017)
Nomura's CSR initiatives and information disclosure regarding the environment, society and governance have been highly evaluated by ratings agencies throughout the world. We have been included in ESG indices inside and outside of Japan.
|Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
The world's first sustainability equity indices, Dow Jones & Company and RobecoSAM jointly choose the companies to be included in these benchmarks
Nomura has been selected as a component of the DJSI World Index and the DJSI Asia Pacific Index.
Established by FTSE, wholly owned by the London Stock Exchange Group, the FTSE4Good Index is a socially responsible investment index comprised of prime enterprises across the world.
|FTSE Blossom Japan
FTSE, wholly owned by the London Stock Exchange Group, selects Japanese companies that meet clear and transparent standards with respect to environmental, social and governance practices.
|STOXX Global ESG Leaders
The STOXX Global ESG Leaders index was established by STOXX Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Deutsche Borse Group. A global index for socially responsible investment (SRI), it selects companies that meet strict environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria.
|MSCI Japan Empowering Women Index [WIN]
The WIN Index selects Japanese companies across various sectors that are actively encouraging women’s participation in the workplace. It assesses companies on multiple criteria taking into consideration women’s employment data and the information disclosed by each company.
|MorningStar Socially Responsible Index (MS-SRI)
Morningstar Japan K.K. created this socially responsible investment benchmark, a first in Japan, which covers the share prices of the nation's 150 most socially responsible companies.
|SNAM Sustainability Index
The SNAM Sustainability Index is a proprietary active index created by Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Asset Management which combines ESG (environment, social, and governance) and equity fundamental evaluation.
Awards and Certifications
|100 Most Sustainable Companies in Asia
Channel NewsAsia and other ESG organizations rank companies in Asia with the best ESG indicators.
The only Japanese financial services company to make the ranking, Nomura has been selected for two consecutive years.
|Clean City Awards
Nomura received the platinum award at the London Clean City Awards for its environmental conservation activities in the city.
- Received an overall ranking of "A-" at the Leadership level in the CDP Climate Change Report 2017 (October, 2017)
- Selected as a Competitive IT Strategy Company for 2017 by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and the Tokyo Stock Exchange (May, 2017)
- Designated as a Semi-Nadeshiko Brand by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and the Tokyo Stock Exchange, for encouraging women's empowerment in the workplace (March, 2017)
- Certified as a White 500 Health and Productivity Enterprise, a designation given to companies that carry out superior health management activities (February, 2017)
- Ranked 1st in the securities & commodity futures category and 6th among financials in the Toyo Keizai CSR Ranking 2017 (February, 2017)
- Ranked 1st in the securities & commodity futures category and 7th among financials in the Nikkei Environmental Management Ranking (January, 2017)
- Received the platinum award at the London Clean City Awards for its environmental conservation activities in the city (January, 2017)
- Received an overall ranking of "A-" at the Leadership level in the CDP Climate Change Report 2016 (October, 2016)
- Received the highest Gold grade in the Pride Index, Japan's first index to rate companies on their LGBT-friendliness; run by Work with Pride, a private group (October, 2016)
- Ranked among 100 Most Sustainable Companies in Asia (September, 2016)
- Certified by the Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare for promoting women's active participation in the workplace (June, 2016)