This Policy describes how we collect, use, and disclose the information that we collect on the Corporate Group Websites and emails that link to this policy (the "Sites") in the United States. By visiting or using the Sites, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information that Nomura collects through means other than the Sites.
What Information We Collect
We collect both Personal Information and Other Information in connection with the Sites, as described below. For purposes of this Policy, "Personal Information" is information we can directly associate with a specific person without additional information, such as a full name, email address, or phone number. "Other Information" is any other information relating to a person that is not Personal Information. We may combine Personal Information with Other Information, in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We also may combine Personal Information or Other Information that we have about you with additional information that we or third parties collect in other contexts—such as our communications with you via email or phone, your customer records, or information about you derived from industry publications or your company's website. In those circumstances, we will treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal Information. We may collect various types of Personal Information from or about visitors to the Sites, including:
- your name;
- your job title and organization;
- your status with Nomura (e.g., customer, prospective customer, etc.);
- your contact information, including mailing address, email address, or phone number;
- your state, region, or country;
- any other information associated with your NomuraNow account that you provide to us or update through the Sites, including your username and password;
- the Nomura services you use or information you request;
- your resume and other information you provide if you apply for a job or internship with Nomura;
- your preferences about participating in our events, including information about attendance and meal preferences
- your preferences for how we communicate with you; and
- your comments and questions, and any other information you choose to provide.
We collect this information through forms that you may fill out on our Sites, including when you communicate with us through the "Feedback" link on our websites, apply for a job or internship, sign up for news release subscription services, request copies of our annual report(s), request to access a Nomura research report, or apply to attend a Nomura hosted or sponsored event. We may collect additional information about visitors to the Sites that we associate with the Personal Information described above. This may include, for example, information found on your organization's website or information you provide to us other than through the Sites.
Other Information collected automatically through the Sites. We also collect Other Information automatically through the Sites. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your Internet service provider, the date and time of your visit, your use of the Sites during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the URLs from the websites you visit before navigating to the Sites, your computer's operating system and browser type, your software and hardware attributes, and your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region). We may also collect information about how you interact with communications from us, like emails, including whether you opened the communication or clicked on any content. We collect such information using various technologies, including:
- Server Logs. When you use the Sites, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or device) and browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your computer or device and gather information about its online activity.
- recognize your device so you do not need to give the same information several times during one visit;
- recognize that you may already have given a username and password so you do not need to enter your credentials for every web page requested; and
- measure how many people are using our online services, so that we can make them faster and easier to use.
- Pixel Tags. The Sites, including the emails you receive from us, may use an application known as a "pixel tag" (also called a "clear gif" or a "web beacon"). A pixel tag is an electronic tracking mechanism that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, pixel tags may be used by an email sender to determine whether an email recipient has opened a particular email and how much time they spent reading it.
We may use third-parties to collect Personal or Other Information using the mechanisms described above.
How We Use Information
We may use Personal Information and Other Information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to respond to your questions or comments, or to provide you with requested information;
- to sign you up for events;
- to send you updates, marketing, or other communications about topics that may interest you, including about our products and services;
- to provide the Sites to you, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, or otherwise complete a transaction you initiate;
- to engage in analysis and research about the Sites, our products and services, and our communications (including emails) with you, including merging Personal and Other Information with information we may already have or may collect about you;
- to support and improve our existing products and services or create new products and services;
- count and recognize visitors to the Sites and analyze how visitors use the Sites;
- to compile and share aggregated information; and
- for any of the "Legal Purposes" described below in the section entitled "How We Share Information with Third Parties."
How We Share Information with Third Parties
We may share Personal Information and Other Information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Affiliates. We may share Personal Information and Other Information with our corporate affiliates for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
Third-party service providers. We use third-party service providers to help us manage and improve the Sites, including our email communications. These service providers may collect and/or use your Personal Information or Other Information to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed in this Policy. We may also allow third-party service providers to create aggregated, statistical data based on their work for us and use and disclose that data for their own business purposes. For example, we may use a vendor to manage our emails and other communications, and that vendor may generate aggregated and statistic reports for use in its own business.
Business partners. We also may share your Personal Information or Other Information with our business partners to fulfill your requests for services, complete a transaction that you initiate, or meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our business partners.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your Personal Information or Other Information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- to comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
De-identified or aggregated information. We may share, or allow third parties to create and share, de-identified and/or aggregated information for any lawful purpose, including to provide reports on trends in usage of our Sites or communications.
Many browsers offer a "do not track" or similar feature enabling users to communicate to websites that they do not want to be tracked online. Our Sites do not respond to "do not track" browser headers.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Your Choices and Access to Information
If you no longer want to receive communications from us, please email us at Americasprivacy@nomura.com with your request. If you unsubscribe from these communications, but are a Nomura customer, you may still receive non-marketing messages from us with information, alerts, or updates about the products or services you use.
Transfer of Information to the United States
The Personal Information and Other Information that we collect through or in connection with the Sites is transferred to and processed in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, the UK, and Japan, for the purposes described above. Nomura may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates and third parties in the United States or other countries. The data protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By accepting this Policy, using the Sites, or providing information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
The Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13, and Nomura does not knowingly collect Personal Information or Other Information through the Sites from anyone it knows is under the age of 13.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law gives residents of California the right, under certain circumstances, to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request such information, please contact us at the information provided below.
Changes to this Policy
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us by email at Americasprivacy@nomura.com or by mail at: c/o Corporate Communications, Nomura Holding America Inc., 309 West 49th Street, New York, NY 10019