A rich natural environment and healthy social environment are the foundations of economic and business advancement as well as people's lives. Without such foundations, it is impossible to fulfill Nomura Group’s social mission of helping to enrich society. We have been expanding our products and services, and globally expanding our businesses and bolstering our corporate governance based on the recognition that initiatives such as protecting the global environment and promoting the active participation of a diverse range of people are essential for advancing both economic activity and society as a whole.
In May 2020, Nomura Group announced a new management vision to "Achieve sustainable growth by helping solve social issues" ahead of the year 2025, the centennial anniversary of Nomura's founding. In addition to business growth, our management vision incorporates the ESG elements of trust from society and employee satisfaction.
Through partnership with a wide range of stakeholders, we will achieve sustainable growth and help solve social issues.
Since Nomura Group first identified CSR Materiality in 2008, we have conducted regular reviews based on trends in the international community and the expectations of stakeholders. Last year, we reformulated the Nomura Group Materiality that we should focus on in advancing our management vision for 2025, "Achieve sustainable growth by helping resolve social issues." We have reviewed and adjusted the Materiality based on changes in the business environment over the past year and developments in our business activities. We will continue to make every effort toward our targets by using metrics to monitor our progress.
Priority Social Issues to Address
- ASound development of capital markets
- BMitigation of climate change and response to natural disasters
- CResponse to the pandemic
- DResponse to the declining birthrate and increasing longevity
- ERectification of regional and individual disparities
- FCountermeasures against cyberattacks, money laundering and other financial crimes
- GSuppression and prevention of inappropriate/unjust actions by companies
- HPromotion of diverse human resources