Nomura Recognized as “Certified Health & Productivity Management Outstanding Organization (White 500)”
Nomura Holdings and Nomura Asset Management have been certified as White 500 (large enterprise category) companies under the 2019 Certified Health & Productivity Management Outstanding Organization Recognition Program, administered by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan and the Nippon Kenko Kaigi.
The program recognizes large enterprises and SMEs that have implemented exceptional initiatives to promote health and productivity management including efforts aimed at addressing regional health problems.
Under the supervision of our Chief Health Officer, Nomura has been working to promote health and productivity management across the firm. Together with our ongoing efforts to promote work style reforms, health and productivity management makes up the central pillar of our Nomura Work Style Innovation initiatives.
- Encourage employees to do follow up medical exams to prevent the progression of lifestyle diseases
- Launch Nomura Health Challenge (Nom☆Chare) to improve employees’ health literacy and promote active communication within the workplace
- Implement health platform “WellGo” to visualize health information, share lifelog data such as step count, and step count ranking
- Create Treatment & Work Coexistence Assistance Guidebook for employees fighting illnesses such as cancer, and managers
Nomura Asset Management
- Recognize departments that have implemented effective initiatives to change the way employees work as part of our internal Health and Productivity Management (Work Style Innovation) campaign
- Conduct stress check survey to help protect employees’ mental health: 100% response rate for 2 consecutive years
- Promote communication between employees through internal website “NamBar” and monthly internal social gatherings for employees and their families
The mental and physical health of our people is critical to ensuring that they can utilize their capabilities and unique qualities to realize their full potential. We will continue to be proactive in our efforts to protect the health and wellness of all our employees.