Nomura Recognized as “Certified Health & Productivity Management Outstanding Organization (White 500)”
Nomura Holdings (Nomura Securities) and Nomura Asset Management have been certified as White 500 (large enterprise category) companies under the 2020 Certified Health & Productivity Management Outstanding Organization Recognition Program, administered by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan and the Nippon Kenko Kaigi.
Nomura Holdings (Nomura Securities) has been recognized twice before in 2017 and 2019, and this is the second consecutive year for Nomura Asset Management.
The program recognizes large enterprises and SMEs that have implemented exceptional initiatives to promote health and productivity management including efforts aimed at addressing regional health problems.
Under the supervision of our Chief Health Officer, Nomura has been working to promote health and productivity management across the firm. Together with our ongoing efforts to promote work style reforms, health and productivity management makes up the central pillar of our Nomura Work Style Innovation initiatives.
- Occupational health staff and managers encourage employees to do follow up medical exams to prevent the progression of lifestyle diseases, resulting in a significant improvement
- Provide Nomura Health Challenge (Nom☆Chare) to improve employees’ health literacy and promote active communication within the workplace
- Use health platform "WellGo" to visualize health information such as medical exam results, and share and rank lifelogs such as step count
- Provide resources on intranet to support people working while undergoing treatment for illness, including our "Treatment & Work Coexistence Assistance Guidebook (for employees and managers)" and sharing of employee experiences
Nomura Asset Management
- Work to prevent disease and promote employee health by making use of health platform "WellGo" and industrial health BPO "Pasona"
- Conduct stress check survey to help protect employees’ mental health: 100% response rate for 3 consecutive years
- Promote communication between employees through internal website “NamBar” and monthly internal social gatherings for employees and their families
The mental and physical health of our people is critical to ensuring that they can utilize their capabilities and unique qualities to realize their full potential. We will continue to be proactive in our efforts to protect the health and wellness of all our employees.