“Nomura Group” means Nomura Holdings, Inc. and all of its affiliates and wholly-owned subsidiaries. As used in this Policy, the terms "Nomura" or "we" or "our" refer to Nomura Asia Pacific Holdings, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries located in the Asia ex-Japan region (AEJ).
What Information We Collect
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal data” refers to any information that relates to and from which a specific individual can be identified. Examples of personal data include full name, email address, and contact phone number.
The personal data we collect about you, and how we collect it, will depend on the Nomura products and services that you use, or which are used by entities that you are associated with. This may include (but not limited to) information we use to identify you and other information necessary to enable the delivery of services and products you (or the entities associated with you) use, and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate. We may collect various types of personal data from or about you, including:
- Your name
- Your job title and organization
- Contact information, including address, email address and/or telephone number
- Your resume and other information you provide if you apply for a job or internship with Nomura;
- Your preferences about participating in our events, including information about attendance and meal preferences, and how we communicate with you
- Information relating to your engagement with material that we publish or otherwise provide to you
- Records of our interactions with you, including any messages you send us, your comments and questions and any other information you choose to provide.
We collect this information through forms that you may fill out on our websites, including when you communicate with us through the “Feedback” link on our websites, apply for a job or internship, sign up for news release subscription services, request copies of our annual report(s), request to access a Nomura research report, or apply to attend a Nomura hosted or sponsored event. We may collect additional information about visitors to our websites and readership analytics that we associate with the personal data described above.
Without this information, Nomura may not be able to provide you with products or services (or with all of the features and functionality offered by the products or services), receive services from you, or respond to queries or requests that you submit to us.
- Recognize your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one visit
- Recognize that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- Measure how many people are using our online services, so that we can make them faster and easier to use.
For further information on the cookies set by our websites (and other similar tools that we use such as web beacons), and the options available to you to control their use, please click on the link about "Cookies".
When you visit our websites, our servers record your IP address together with the date and time of your visit. An IP address is an assigned number, similar to a telephone number, which allows your computer to communicate over the internet. We will use your personal data for demographic and statistical purposes, including determining the number of visitors to our websites in any given period and analyzing patterns of use of our websites.
The Nomura Group websites you visit and the emails you receive from us, may use an application known as a “pixel tag” (also called a “clear gif” or a “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic tracking mechanism that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include personal data. For example, Pixel Tags may be used by an email sender to determine whether an email recipient has opened a particular email and how much time they spent reading it.
We may use third-parties to collect personal data using the mechanisms described above.
Information may also be collected about you indirectly through monitoring activities which will be conducted by us or on our behalf in accordance with relevant legislation or regulatory requirements (for example, as a result of the email or voice surveillance we may conduct on our employees to improve our financial compliance, identify market abuse activity and comply with regulatory record retention requirements).
We do not seek to collect or process sensitive information from you unless it is required or permitted by law, and we have your express consent. For example, we may request you to complete COVID status enquiries where you attend a Nomura hosted or sponsored event in person.
Our websites and our services are not directed to children and Nomura does not knowingly collect personal data from anyone it knows is under the age of 14.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the purposes for which it was provided to us, as well as in connection with our provision of services as described below:
- To provide you with products and services or information in accordance with your requests or reasonable expectations
- To fulfill the terms of any agreement you (or the entities you are associated with) have with us, or otherwise facilitate and administer business dealings with you (or the entities you are associated with)
- To manage event invitations and responses through our Corporate Events department
- To manage our relationship with you (or the entities you are associated with), including to engage in analysis and research about our websites, our services, and our communications (including emails) with you, including merging personal data with other information we may already have or may collect about you, and to ensure that our relationship management communications to you are relevant
- To support and improve our existing products and services, planning and product development
- To process a job or internship application you have submitted
- Count and recognize visitors to our websites and analyze how visitors use these
- Compile and share aggregated information
- For any of the “Legal Purposes” described below in the section entitled “How We Share Information with Third Parties”
- Any other purpose to which you have consented
We may also use your personal data to communicate with you about Nomura events and topics that we believe may be of interest to you or otherwise provide marketing information or materials to you from time to time, such as about products and services of the Nomura Group. You are entitled to tell us if you do not wish to receive such communications (see "Your Rights" below). If you unsubscribe from these communications, but are a Nomura customer, you may still receive non-marketing messages from us with information, alerts or updates about the products or services you use.
While processing your personal data, we have implemented and will continue to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards aimed at protecting your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, unauthorized alteration or unlawful destruction.
How We Share Your Personal Data with Third Parties
We may share your personal data within the Nomura Group and with third parties in connection with the purposes described in this Policy, as set out below:
Within Nomura Group
We may share your personal data with our corporate affiliates for any of the purposes described in this Policy, or as otherwise notified to you from time to time;
Improvement to Services
We use third party service providers to help us manage and improve our websites and our services to you and to comply with our legal and/or regulatory requirements. These service providers may collect and/or use your personal data to assist us in achieving the purposes described in this Policy;
We work with third parties to collect information, which may include personal data, to engage in analytics, auditing, research and reporting. These third parties may use tracking mechanisms such as web logs and Pixel Tags, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or device.
Business Partners and Vendors
We may also share your personal data with our agents, contractors, business partners and vendors to assist us to fulfill your requests for services, complete a transaction with you (or the entities you are associated with), meet the terms of any agreement you (or the entities you are associated with) have with us or in connection with the administration of an event you may attend or a service you have subscribed for;
We may use or share your personal information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or regulatory obligations, or a court order, subpoena, request from government agency, regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other legal process
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities suspected fraud, violation of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party
- To establish, protect, exercise our legal rights or defense against legal claims
- To facilitate the financing, securitization insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets
Due to the global nature of Nomura's business, it may be necessary to send your personal data to other Nomura Group entities or third parties in countries other than your country of residence, including Japan, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and the United States, for the purposes described above. The data protection laws in these jurisdictions may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. We will take appropriate steps to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. These steps may include, where appropriate, use of suppliers that adhere to applicable international standards, requiring service providers to agree to appropriate contractual protections and/or putting in place appropriate technical and organizational security measures in respect of the processing of personal data.
You are entitled to request access to any of the personal data that we hold about you by submitting a written request to the AEJ Data Protection Officer or one of the designated persons or officers in your jurisdiction (see details provided below). You are also entitled to ask us to correct, cancel or delete any of your personal data where you believe such information is inaccurate, out of date or we no longer have a legitimate interest or lawful justification to retain or process. To the extent permitted by applicable law, reasonable fees may be charged by Nomura for complying with your request(s) to access personal data that Nomura holds about you.
To exercise Your Rights of access, cancellation or correction, to opt-out of receiving marketing about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, or if you would like to raise any other questions relating to privacy, please submit a written request to the AEJ Data Protection Officer or one of the designated persons or officers in your jurisdiction (see details provided below).
Further, if you believe that we have mishandled your personal data, please raise this in writing with the relevant AEJ Data Protection Officer or contact from the table below, by identifying yourself and providing us with a brief description of your concerns.
|Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam||AEJ Data Protection Officer:
|India||Grievance Officer: Ms Preeti Shetty
|Singapore||Singapore Data Protection Team:
|South Korea||Chief Privacy Officer:
|Thailand||Data Privacy contact:
Note: Your personal data may be contained in an archived electronic back-up file made in accordance with Nomura's normal operating, security and/or disaster recovery procedures provided that such data is deleted from hard drives and servers which are accessible on a day-to-day basis and, except as otherwise required by law or regulation, no attempt is made to recover such data from such back-up file.
This Policy was last updated in May 2022. We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page.